James Morrison RSA, RSW
Born in Glasgow in 1932. Studied at GSA 1950-4. Joined staff at Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art, Dundee in 1965 when he also settled in Montrose. Left Dundee College in 1987 to paint full-time since when his work has been exclusively available through The Scottish Gallery. Whole-heartedly a landscape painter, his main working areas are the lush, highly-managed farmland around his home in Angus and the rugged wildness of west coast Assynt.